Thursday, May 31, 2012

Put Some Ghosts In Your Beach Bag With "The Ghosts of Nantucket"

October is my favorite month. I love apple picking, the chill in the air...oh, and scary stories!! I am always on the hunt for a good spooky tale but too often I get stuck with gory books or stories that fall flat. When I saw this book at my local library, I thought that I would take a shot (even if the book is older than I am!). I am SO glad that I picked up this book because it was the perfect combination of scary, eerie, and chilling. Better yet, there are no dead bodies or bloody corpses.


The author has compiled a beautiful collection of stories that was born out of an oral history project. Perhaps this is the reason why the different tales come together so well, because she is not writing for the sheer scream factor. Additionally, she allows the people to speak for themselves without ever making them sound crazy or delusional. Due to this, the book is spine-chilling and that chill is perfect for cooling you off during this hot summer!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I was checking my email and I noticed that I had something from you but it went straight to my Spam section. When I had already clicked the button to delete, I realized it was from the Giveaway, but it was too late. Could you tell me / or email me again what the email was about? Ooh...I hope I won! How exciting!

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete